Friday 30 May 2014

[Qualified] Becoming Qualified with The Guild of Photographers

Back in April, I became a Qualified Member with The Guild of Photographers.
When we join The Guild of Photographers we are "registered" members, and then we choose to put forward a panel of our work for judging to become Qualified. After this level then there is working towards Craftsman and the ultimate Master Craftsman.

Here is my Qualified Panel, along with some more information.


From The Guild of Photographers Website: Our ‘Qualified’ status is therefore aligned to standards of competence that reflect a level where the customer should be ‘pleased with the results’, when employing the services of a skilled tradesman (the photographer). In other words ‘Qualified’ indicates professional ‘competence’  to a level where the Guild is willing to recognise the photographer as an ambassador of the association , so those who achieve that level should be proud of doing so.



I had to present 3 images from 7 different customer sessions to be assessed - and then wait 3 weeks before I got a "yes" or "no" to my Qualified Status. It was lovely to receive a call from Lesley and The Guild, to tell me, especially after I had all the issues with my car being broken into the same week! 


Thank you to The Guild, as there are many many lovely members who are happy to help - as well as the mentors! (And Steve & Lesley).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics