Saturday 16 May 2015

[#WOW] Meet Jane from Titchy

Today we have Jane to tell us about her business Titchy! Jane has been sewing for over 30 Years since her Mum taught her how to sew when she was little. Here she tells us more about her #WOW Business.




Can you tell us a little about yourself as a person? 
I’ve just celebrated my 37th birthday, which means it’s now 30 years since I got my first sewing machine! My Mum taught me how to sew when I was 7, and I used to make clothes for my Barbie’s. Fast forward 30 years, and I’m now a mummy myself, and the owner and creator of all things ‘Titchy’. 

How did you first set up the business?
It was July 2013 and my youngest was 6 months old, when I came across an advert for a children’s event taking place in September. At this point in time ’Titchy’ was still a pipedream, but there’s nothing like a deadline to drive things forward, so I booked my space. Two months later, a lot of hard work, late nights, lots of prototypes and of course the occasional tears, Titchy launched at the event.

How old is the business? 
18 months old.

Did you ever think you’d be running your own business?
No. It had been a dream for years, but until I met my very supportive husband, had my two girls, and escaped a career in sales, that’s all I thought it would ever be. 

Where are you based? Do you have a shop or are you just online?
I’m based in Macclesfield, Cheshire. I don’t have a shop, but I sell online via my own website, and All by Mama.  

What is the most popular product sales wise? 
It’s my Titchy Keepsake Bear. I currently have the time to take on 4 commissions per month, and I’m currently fully booked until late August 2015. Having said that people are already starting to book their Christmas slots too!



Everyone has a favourite product - what is yours?
Attached is one of my favourite bears (and also the one that caught Jaqueline Gold’s eye. Could it be the bear’s name?).

What is your newest item / product? 
It’s my Titchy Grandparent Bear. He/she’s made using a selection of clothes from all the Grandchildren.



What is the one thing people must know about your business?
I love what I do and I’m often too sentimental for my own good!...I understand how precious those clothes are, and although I’m going to cut them up with a pair of scissors, they’re in good hands.

What is your proudest business achievement?
It’s got to be wining my #WOW award! To have someone as influential and successful as Jaqueline Gold pick my business, well it just blew me away!

What do you do when you aren’t working on the business?
I’m ‘Mummy’ to Isabelle (4) and Evie (2), so they keep me very busy… & occasionally I find time for a spot of housework! 

What five words describe your business?
Personal, friendly, professional, bespoke, popular

Any big plans for 2015 you can share?
I am currently working on a range of fun children’s wear, influenced by my bears – watch this space!


How can we find out more about you:
Website: www.titchy.net
Telephone: 07850 221734

I love the idea of the Grandparent Bear! I've not known anyone have one of those before!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics