Saturday 30 May 2015

[#WOW] Meet Amanda from YM-Creations

Today we meet #WOW Winner Amanda, a mummy of one from Blackpool who runs YM-Creations a brain-child from YM-Designs. After all everyone loves something personalised! Here she is to tell us more!


Can you tell us a little about yourself as a person? 
I'm a married mummy of one cheeky little Monkey called Hayden. He is my world. I'm 26 Years old, from not so sunny Blackpool, and an Ex Army wife.

How did you first set up the business?
I set up YM-Creations on twitter after having set up my graphic design business due to being an army wife and always travelling, 2 years on after setting up YM-Designs, I found people loved everything personalised, especially items with names that were sometimes spelt differently and were hard for them to find gifts for. Due to this, YM-Creations was born.


How old is the business?
The business turned ONE on 22nd March 2015


Did you ever think you’d be running your own business?
No, I was always was too shy and lacked self-esteem & confidence in myself, to believe that I could run my own business.


Where are you based? Do you have a shop or are you just online?
We are online based www.ym-creations.co.uk based in Blackpool, I don't have a shop, although offer local collection on all of my items.


What is the most popular product sales wise?
My personalised glitter globes.




Everyone has a favourite product - what is yours?
My favorite product is my personalised phone case.




What is your newest item / product?
My newest item, is a typography birthday cushion.




What is the one thing people must know about your business?
The majority of my items are now printed in-house by myself and my husband. We print a press a range of items from mugs, cushions to phone cases. I design each and every one of the items myself and can be completely customised by the customer.


What is your proudest business achievement?
Winning the #WOW award, I entered every Wednesday afternoon, at the hope my business would be selected, On 14th October 2014 we were delighted to find out we had been chosen, on the same day my website won a Silver mumpreneur award also. Double whammy.


What do you do when you aren’t working on the business?
Being a mummy & housewife. Doing everything mummies do, nursery duties, chores, All the none glamorous stuff, but the most important family time. I also look into design new items & products, my mind never stops working.


What five words describe your business?
Unique, Personal, Keepsake, Proud, Typography


Any big plans for 2015 you can share?
I have just launched a non-personalised range called "Everlasting Words" that I hope to get stocked in other small business, gift shops & boutiques.


How can we find out more about you:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ymcreations
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ymcreations
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ymcreationsx
Website: www.ym-creations.co.uk
Email: sales@ym-creations.co.uk
Telephone: 07788203607

I love everything about personalised items. Having never being able to find anything with my name on when I was little was always something that was a bit of a pain :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics