Saturday 6 June 2015

[#WOW] Meet Sharron from The Crafty Calf

Today we meet Sharron from The Crafty Calf - a married mum of one who used to work as a Veterinary Nurse before she set up the business which started mainly as a hobby! Here she is to tell us more. 



Can you tell us a little bit about yourself as a person?
I am married with an almost 2 year old Daughter, Holly Georgiana, we live in Warwickshire with my husband and two cats. I worked as a Veterinary Nurse for a number of years before starting my business so love anything to do with animals.

How did you first set up the business?
I first set up a Facebook page and after a lot of interest I built a website.

How old is the business?
18 months

Did you ever think you’d be running your own business?
No, it was just a hobby to me and I was shocked when people wanted to buy things!

Where are you based? Do you have a shop or are you just online?
I have an online shop and ship worldwide.

What is the most popular product sales wise?
Our Deluxe Family Trees are the most popular as they are so unique and make perfect presents for that all important Paper Wedding Anniversary. 




Everyone has a favourite product - what is yours?
My favourite product is our original baby scan papercut, it is such a unique way of displaying your scan photo which is often just hidden in a drawer somewhere. I love this product as I donate 10% of profit from sales of these to the fantastic charity Count the Kicks



I also love our 'Baby's First Year' papercut, everyone I create looks completely different to the last and is so lovely to see a baby grow up through those 12 photos.




What is your newest item / product?
Our newest item is our 'Love Story Papercut' it is proving to be very popular.  It is an intricate papercut to display up to 4 special photos highlighting special moments in your lifetime.




What is the one thing people must know about your business?
That I value my customers and making them happy makes me happy.
What is your proudest business achievement?
I have too many to list but the top two would have to be winning Jacqueline Gold's WOW award and Theo Paphitis' SBS award.
What do you do when you aren’t working on the business?
I spend time with my family, we like going for walks, to the park, to the zoo. I enjoy doing different crafts with my daughter and teaching her new things.

What five words describe your business?
'Moo'nique and 'Moo'tiful Personalised Papercuts

Any big plans for 2015 you can share?
Yes! We are doing our first exhibition, watch this space!

How can we find out more about you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics