Saturday 21 March 2015

[#WOW] Meet Aly from The Rainy Day Box Co

Today we say hello to Aly from The Rainy Day Box co. Aly is an ex-actress, mummy to two boys and married to a photographer as well as running the business. #WOW Winner Aly tells us more about her business...




Can you tell us a little about yourself as a person?  
I'm a 
Mummy of two boys; Kit aged 5 and Oakley aged 10 months (both born on the same day), married to my lovely photographer husband and Rainy Day Dispatch dude. I used to be an actress before I started my own business and I love knitting and crocheting, but am really rather rubbish at both.  

How did you first set up the business?  
My business started life as a means to an end one rainy day when me and my 1st son Kit were stuck indoors, I put together a variety box of activities and the idea sparked from there. As a creative person with hardly any business sense I dived straight in without doing any market research or procrastination, thank goodness other parents and grown-ups loved our boxes too or it could have gone horribly wrong.  

How old is the business? 
The Rainy Day Box Co is two and a half years old. 

Did you ever think you’d be running your own business?  
Never as I rarely can stay focussed on one task long enough.  I am so glad I did take the risk now though and would urge others to try it, you learn a lot about yourself.  

Where are you based?  
Our boxes are sold online but we're based in Kent if folks want to pop in for a cuppa ;) 





What is the most popular product sales wise? 
Our most popular product at the moment is our letterboxes, themed fun through the door each month.  

Everyone has a favourite product - what's yours?
My favourite product is our spring box because it has shortbread biscuits to bake inside it, my favourite. 





What is your newest item / product?  
Our newest product is our Birthday Box which hasn't been released yet, it's that fresh!! I think that's an exclusive, whoop. 

What is the one thing people must know about your business?  
That our boxes not only amuse little ones but create lovely wholesome family memories for you to cherish.  

What is your proudest business achievement?  
We won a loved by parent award and was featured in The Guardian's Top 10 gift subscription article recently. 

What do you do when you aren’t working on the business?
I spend my time snuggling with Oakley or watching Kits numerous magic/making shows. 

What five words describe your business?
Wholesome, Fun, Playful, Creative and Friendly 





Any big plans for 2015 you can share? We have just partnered with Red Letter Days and have another really awesome partnership in the pipeline, all will be revealed in summer we hope.   



How can we find out more about you: 

Twitter: @Rainydayboxco
Pinterest:rainydayboxco
Telephone: 01732 252255

I personally love that you can build your own box too - so you can choose the activities that you think your child(ren) would love - how awesome is that!?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics