Tuesday 3 January 2012

My Childhood Dreams...

So it has come to my attention from reading Amy's blog that there is a 30 posts in 30 days thing going for January. Whilst I dont fancy doing them all on my business blog, I thought I would include some of the topics they have been given to write about for some blog posts so that you, my readers, brides and fellow Wedding Industry people can get to know me a little better.

My childhood dreams.

When I was little I was going to be a nurse (for some reason I didnt want to be a doctor) or I was going to be a vet and help all the poorly little animals. Or I was going to be a teacher to help people who were stuck. What I wanted to do was something that helped people. That was what seemed to be the main focus point for whatever Job I wanted to do.

When I went to college, I did the subjects that suited me, the ones I found interesting but didnt particularly go together. Then it seemed to be more towards the teaching. By this point I had realised that the exams I needed to pass for being a Vet or a Nurse werent my strongest points...so a teacher it was going to be. Not just that but Physics teacher!

Now...I even looked into universities, and what grades I could get away with being the lowest I could be accepted. Even considering Dundee. But realistically, I wanted to help people, I wasnt happy at College, at all. And by the hands of fate changed timetables, the inability to work and support myself through college (because why should my parents pay for everything) and being 19 meant I couldnt get any help. I ended up dropping out of my 3rd year of College.

Somehow I didnt know that that would be one of the best decisions for me and one that eventually set me on the road to where I am today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics