Saturday 19 February 2011

{Supplier Saturday} Rainbow Delicious




1. In just a few sentences, could you describe your business? 
I sell delicious homemade cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cake pops. I use the finest ingredients, mostly Organic and Fair Trade and I put a great amount of love and attention into each creation.

2. When did you set Rainbow Delicious up? I set my business up in September 2010.

3. How did Rainbow Delicious Start? After getting engaged at New Year 2009/2010, I decided I wanted to make my own wedding cake as a way of cutting costs, I started practicing and realised how much I enjoyed making cakes and that I was also quite good at it.

4. Why did you set up Rainbow Delicious?I haven't worked for almost 2 years due to health problems and when I discovered how much I liked making cakes, I thought why not make a business from this? I have been obsessed with my business from this point on!

5. How many employee's are there in Rainbow Delicious and who are they? It's just me working from my kitchen.

6. How did you decide on your business name? My 12 year old niece and I were thinking of names and she came up with it, as soon as she said
Rainbow Delicious, I loved it.



7. What's the best thing about your business?Each and every cake, cupcake etc, I make is bespoke, I work closely with my customers to ensure they get exactly what they want.

8. What do you find most challenging about your business? It's hard work! I have a lot of health problems as previously mentioned and I struggle with the physical side of things, however the fact that I love what I do keeps me going.

9. What have been some of the greatest rewards from your business?
I get a lot of satisfaction from what I do. It's also helped me overcome anxiety issues, only last week I attended a networking event with 100 other people, that was a huge achievement for me and I couldn't have done it without Rainbow Delicious.
10. What's the best thing Rainbow Delicious gives to its customers? I offer a completely personal service, the customer decides every aspect of the design, flavour etc. I just put it all together.




11. Do you have any top tips for choosing a Cake Maker? With this type of business, I think it's important to choose a company that has been recommended to you, this way you know they are reliable and the cakes taste good too!

12. What three pieces of advice would you give to anyone who wants to run their own business? Be organised, work hard and aim high!

13. Where can I find out more about Rainbow Delicious?You can visit my website at http://www.rainbowdelicious.co.uk./

1 comment:

  1. What absolutely scrummy looking cakes, love the cupcakes with little rainbows on! Now have a huge cake craving.....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics