Saturday 5 March 2011

{Supplier Spotlight} Knots & Kisses Wedding Stationery



1. In just a few sentences, could you describe your business? Knots & Kisses Wedding Stationery provides unique handmade wedding stationery for couples who want their wedding to stand out from the crowd! We offer both 'off the peg' ranges and a bespoke service, giving clients the opportunity to have a personal consultation to discuss their wedding stationery. Our products include invitations, menu cards, order of service and we also offer handpainted table plans to match your stationery.

2. When did you set Knots & Kisses up?
Knots & Kisses as a full time business started about 2 years ago.
3. How did Knots & Kisses Start?
It all started really with my sister's wedding in 2005! She asked me to help her design and style her wedding and, as I had always been involved in the artistic field, make her stationery. We ended up producing a country themed wedding with touches of lavender, thistles and corn .. and I also handpainted pebbles for her place cards. After that a couple of work colleagues asked me to do their stationery. I finally decided to set up properly as a business in 2009 after helping another friend with the stationery and table plans for their art deco themed wedding.



4. Why did you set up Knots & Kisses?After many years of working as a visual merchandiser I decided that it was time I acheived my dream of owning my own business. I always loved stationery and wedding design so it seemed the obvious choice! After long talks with my partner I decided to give up my full time job and become Self - Employed .. and I haven't looked back!

5. How many employee?s are there in your business and who are they?
Really at the moment its just me .. although I have a huge amount of help from my partner, both financially and with orders when needed. I also have a couple of helpers who occasionally make things like bunting if a couple require it to match their stationery.

6. How did you decide on your business name?
Quite embarrasingly my partner actually came up with the name .. I'd been throwing various ideas around for a while and he just came up with it on the spot and it just seemed perfect! People sometimes ask me why Knots & Kisses .... it just seems to sum up what wedding are all about for me, tying the knot with the person you want to spend the rest of your life kissing!



7. What's the best thing about your business?
I love meeting couples and sharing their passion for the design of their wedding. Finding that you are totally on their wavelength with the style they want for their stationery is amazing. I also love those fantastic thank you letters afterwards and the pictures people often send so you feel like you've been a really important part of their day... its the best feeling ever!

8. What do you find most challenging about your business?
I have to say ... saying no! I decided when I set up the business that I wanted to produce 100% handmade personalised wedding stationery and not preprinted ... and sometimes this means saying no to a couple if you're already completely booked for that month.




9. What have been some of the greatest rewards from your business?
I honestly have to say other people saying they love your stationery is the best reward! Not just from clients .. but I've had some amazing feedback form the rest of the industry on twitter and various blogs. When I launched my new English Eccentrics range in January the response was amazing!

10. What's the best thing Knots & Kisses gives to its customers?
I have to say its the personal service. I firmly believe that a bride and groom should be able to ring me up comfortably, without hesitation and ask me questions about their stationery and request any changes. I don't want to be just a website to my clients! I often get completely caught up in peoples weddings and I want customers to feel that someone else is really excited about their wedding! My main aim as a business is to provide stationery that is perfectly suited to that persons wedding.

11. Do you have any top tips for choosing your Wedding Stationery?
1. Start thinking about the design and theme of your invitations and reception stationery as soon as possible. Apart from booking the venue its one of the first things you will have to do. You can always ring us for a consultation ... we can help clarify your ideas even if you don't want to order for a few months.
2. Make sure you order your stationery well in advance if you can. Ideally you need to send out your stationery 3 months prior to the wedding ... longer for overseas weddings. So start the consultation and booking process at least 2 months prior to that so we have time to hand make your stationery.
3. Many people make the mistake of ordering one invitation per person. Remember families and couples only need one invitation!
4. Orders of Service can also often be shared between 2 people if you are looking to save money.
5. Remember to order a couple of extra blank invitations, even if you are ordering stationery with pre-printed guest names, just in case any of your original guest list can't come and you want to send an invitation to someone else.
6. Many handmade stationery companies can only take so many orders every month to ensure the highest quality stationery. If you have a particular range of stationery or supplier in mind book early!
7. If you are on a strict budget ... let your stationery company know from the start. We can then work tightly to your budget, adapt invitations to suit it and always make suggestions to save you money! There is nothing worse as a stationer than working with a couple and creating a bespoke design for them and then they say its out of their price range.



12. What three pieces of advice would you give to anyone who wants to run their own business?
- Be prepared for hard work! Running your own business is not 9-5 .. I work 7 days a week.
- Make the most of Social Media Marketing ... twitter and facebook have had an amazing effect on my business!
- Take some time out for yourself occasionally ... its so easy to work constantly .. you need a night out occasionally!

13. Where can I find out more about Knots and Kisses?You can find all our current ranges and details of what we offer on our website http://www.knotsandkisses.co.uk/

I also write a regular blog featuring all my inspirations, advice and fabulous fellow suppliers http://knotsandkisses.blogspot.com/

You can also keep in contact on twitter @knotsandkisses and on facebook - Knots & Kisses Wedding Stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics